Prospect Local Environment Group thanks you if you voted online
on Fund My Neighbourhood to win a $10,000 grant for its campaign to encourage using non-disposable, reusable coffee cups.
It is estimated Australians use 1 billion disposable coffee cups each year.
It's estimated up to 90 per cent of all disposable cups ended up in landfill.
As a progressive environmental initiative, PLEG wants to run a local campaign in the City of Prospect to raise community awareness and to encourage both community and cafes to switch to using non-disposable, reusable coffee cups.
It will improve our neighbourhood by reducing the amount of waste to landfill, save expenditure on waste management and provide a practical and positive example for other communities to adopt for environmental benefits.
Voting is now closed .
Unfortunately Prospect based projects didn't get up for funding.
These are the 7 projects in Prospect Council area:
(Click on the links to go to the project online)
PLEG ‘s project -
Reusable not disposal: Prospect reduces Coffee Cups to landfill: https://goo.gl/tXfhWd
Then choose from these other Prospect projects to complete your 5 picks:
- A mobile native plant shop by Trees For Life: https://goo.gl/XiDLmS
- Local fenced dog parks for our four-legged friends: https://goo.gl/gdwBYK
- Need a sunshade over our wheelchair-inclusive picnic table: https://goo.gl/mmrQUK
- Not just a Sports Club... Broadview Community Hub: https://goo.gl/umteHa
- Mawson Street Playground Upgrade: https://goo.gl/zogPh
- Playgroup SA Play Space Deck : https://goo.gl/3yJ422